33. His story of having discovered the treasure buried by some pirates seemed (incredible， incredulous) to everyone
Incredible:too strange to be believed or very difficult to believe
Incredulous:unable or unwilling to believe something
34. "But the piano is out of (tone， tune)"， she said in a disappointed (tone， tune)。
Tone:the way your voice sounds， which shows how you are feeling or what you mean
Tune:a series of musical notes that are played or sung and are nice to listen to
35. Her friends expressed great (sympathy， empathy) to her when her mother died.
Sympathy:the feeling of being sorry for someone who is in a bad situation(表具体)
Empathy:the ability to understand other people’s feelings and problems(表抽象)
36. They are now enjoying a short (vocation， vacation) at the seashore.
Vocation:the feeling that the purpose of your life is to do a particular type of work， especially because it allows you to help other people(尤指一种能够帮助他人的职业，比如说教师等)
Vacation:a holiday， or time spent not working37. A (content， contented) person is one who is happy with what he has.
Content:happy and satisfied(因为别人的原因而使你感到满意)
Contented:happy and satisfied because your life is good(因为自己的原因而使你感到满意)
38. All the streets will be (eliminated， illuminated) tomorrow evening for the celebration.
Eliminate：to completely get rid of something that is unnecessary or unwanted(有除掉敌人或淘汰比赛对手意思)
Illuminate:to make a light shine on something， or to fill a place with light(原意为照亮，另有阐明的意思)
39. Her (perseverance， persistence) in wearing that old-fashioned hat surprised her husband.
Perseverance:determination to keep trying to achieve something in spite of difficulties(坚毅)
Persistence:determination to do something even though it is difficult or other people oppose it(坚持或固执)
40. The effect of the officers speech was such that the army recovered it’s (moral， morale) at once.
Moral:relating to the principles of what is right and wrong behavior， and with the difference between good and evil(道德)
Morale:the level of confidence and positive feelings that people have， especially people who work together， who belong to the same team etc(士气)
Separate:to divide or split into different parts， if something separates two places or two things， it is between them so that they are not touching each other
Segregate:to separate one group of people from others， especially because they are of a different race， sex， or religion(尤指种族隔离)
42. The letter from her sister so (embittered， agitated) her that she stayed awake half the night， trying to think of a way to get back at her.
Embitter:angry， sad， or full of hate because of bad or unfair things that have happened to you
Agitate:(formal) to make someone feel anxious， upset， and nervous(使不安，另有煽动的意思)
Get back at sb.:to do something to hurt or harm someone who has hurt or harmed you
43. You havent seen him for over a year？" he sounded (incredible， incredulous)。
Incredible:too strange to be believed or very difficult to believe(表示一种怀疑的态度)
Incredulous:unable or unwilling to believe something(表示虽然不愿相信但承认事实)